Courtney Hutcheson joined Leadership Knoxville in 2016 as the programs assistant and now serves as director of leadership programs. She oversees the Youth Leadership Knoxville and Introduction Knoxville programs and is the liaison with the University of Tennessee for the Leadership Knoxville Scholars program.
During her tenure at Leadership Knoxville, Courtney has grown the Youth Program both in size and accolades, including managing a partnership with Pellissippi State Community College that creates an opportunity for participants to receive a dual enrollment credit in leadership upon completion of the program.
Courtney previously worked for Courtney Bishop Design in Charleston, South Carolina, as an interior design assistant and inventory manager. She earned both a bachelor’s degree in psychology and a master’s degree in elementary education from the University of Tennessee.
• Certified Community Leadership Practitioner (CCLP), Association of Leadership Programs
• Leadership East Tennessee graduate, Class of 2023
• Tennessee Association of Community Leadership, East Tennessee board representative
• Girls on the Run, board of directors
• Bachelor’s degree, psychology, University of Tennessee
• Master’s degree, elementary education, University of Tennessee
• Native Knoxvillian
• Avid runner
• Major sweet tooth
• All Vol – GBO!
Courtney is passionate about the development of students and youth and currently serves on the Tennessee Association of Community Leadership Board as an East Tennessee representative. She also serves on the Girls on the Run board of directors.
Courtney and her husband, Morgan, enjoy spending time outdoors with their family and friends. They have two children, Lucy and Jack, and a third who is expected to arrive in February 2024.